Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA doctors letter

janejrjanejr Member Posts: 142 Pioneering
I have a friend who is mentally ill and has had a ESA assessment form to fill in. He was recently diagnosed with PTSD and other things dating back to when he was a very young child. His head doctor is saying she will have to ask her manager before agreeing to write him a letter stating what is wrong with him. He is in a very dark place just now and feels no one is helping him. Can his shrink ( can't spell so sorry for the slang) refuse do do him this letter for him

Replies

• Dotty123Dotty123 Member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Some esa assessments don’t look at your drs letter anyway my dr has done 2 starring no way can I work hosp drs your own doctor writes one some make you pay 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Some Dr's/Consultants will refuse to write a letter of support for benefit claims. Those that agree may charge.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • sheZZasheZZa Member Posts: 244 Pioneering
    My doctor filled in a form for me and my award contained.
Sign in or join us to comment.