Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How should I answer this Question that they have asked me about 'gaps' in my 'employment'?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34 Connected
edited March 2019 in Universal Credit
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

To answer the question "were there any gaps in your employment" you answer yes if you were only claiming ESA. ESA isn't employment, it's a benefit and DWP weren't your employers.

For the extra £126 per month At your next appointment ask your Work Coach to check opstrat and pin a note to UC with your WCA result. Then ask them to send a handover to the service centre to escalate and it should be done fairly quickly.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34 Connected
    edited March 2019
    Opstrat means computer system (for DWP) WCA is work capability assessment.

This problem happens everytime because the ESA award isn't automatically placed onto the UC claim. It's needs to be done manually through a handover and i believe the only person that can do this is a case manager. It's perfectly normal for it to take a few weeks, longer sometimes. Any money owed to you will be backdated.

If the messages on your journal aren't being answered then the only thing you can do is ring UC.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    If that was the most recent decision then yes but you should have had an award letter after that from DWP.
Sign in or join us to comment.