Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Assessment

My assessment form had to be in by 12th  march how long does it take before hearing anything back from dwp

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based one. You'll receive a letter from the health assessment providers for the assessment, how long this takes depends on backlog in your area. There's no time scales.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • ollieanddukeollieandduke Member Posts: 165 Courageous
    Is it still rare if you have a medical evidence from your doctor saying you cant get out and incapeable of moving
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's still rare. You can request a home assessment but you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,788 Disability Gamechanger
    You can request a home assessment with the backing of your GP, something you should do sooner rather than later
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • ollieanddukeollieandduke Member Posts: 165 Courageous
    Its already been sent with my form xx
Sign in or join us to comment.