Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Benefits for disabled x

Alexandria01Alexandria01 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in Disabled people
How do we find out what were entitled too x

Replies

• RoddyRoddy Member Posts: 389 Pioneering
    How do we find out what were entitled too x
    Your local Citizens Advice Bureau will be able to assist you with this, as so too will a search online if you look at DWP Benefit Entitlements. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

edited March 2019
    Hi @Alexandria01, welcome to the community!
    You could also try the Benefits Calculator here which can highlight any means-tested benefits you might be entitled to. If you have any questions about this (or anything else) please don't hesitate to ask.

Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A benefits calculator isn't much use in this situation because it doesn't tell you what you can claim.

With very little information it's impossible to give any advice. I agree that you need to get a benefits check at an agency near you.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Thanks Poppy, I've just clarified my point a little better. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, have you looked on line and typed in your search bar, what benefits can a disabled person claim, doing this will get you a multitude of sites to look through including government ones. Good luck with your search save the sites for future reference.
Sign in or join us to comment.