Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hello there this is my first post and I'm looking for a bit of help. I received a letter this week to apply for maybe a backpayment of ESA that was due to me. This is because I was transferred straight over to contribution based ESA instead of the Income based ESA which I was entitled too. After going through old bank statements I have realised that actually I may have been underpaid from 2012 to 2016. Now the form I received said it only related to 2012/13 when I was initially transferred from Incapacity Benefit. So my question is this. Is it possible that the DWP have after the initial year of me being transferred to contribution based ESA made a mistake and not then after the first year transferred me to the Income based ESA, but instead just kept me on Contribution based? Any help would be most appreciated..
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 926 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.