Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

UC and SDP

vickye90vickye90 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit
I don’t know if anyone can help I am not getting anywhere with uc. When I was on esa I was getting the sdp rate I am getting pip currently and not to be reassessed for a while but lost my sdp on uc so down money each month I had to move over to uc as I moved address but they are saying I Am not untitled to the sdp on uc esa are saying I should still be getting it does anyone no I move over in October thanks 


  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    There is currently no SDP payable under UC, this has caused a big controvesy and now anyone that is in receipt of SDP cannot claim UC. There has been talk that no one should lose out from the change over and losing SDP. Currently nothing is in place to rectify this for people in your situation but it will be addressed at some time in the future. It doesn't help you at the moment but when it is put in place there should be backdated payments. As you know DWP move at the speed of a glacier
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • vickye90vickye90 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ok thank you as online there are different things and it’s so confusing it’s so frustrating as some people say I should still get it then some say no but thank you for your comment makes things clearer 
Sign in or join us to comment.