UC and SDP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC and SDP

Options
vickye90
vickye90 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I don’t know if anyone can help I am not getting anywhere with uc. When I was on esa I was getting the sdp rate I am getting pip currently and not to be reassessed for a while but lost my sdp on uc so down money each month I had to move over to uc as I moved address but they are saying I Am not untitled to the sdp on uc esa are saying I should still be getting it does anyone no I move over in October thanks 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is currently no SDP payable under UC, this has caused a big controvesy and now anyone that is in receipt of SDP cannot claim UC. There has been talk that no one should lose out from the change over and losing SDP. Currently nothing is in place to rectify this for people in your situation but it will be addressed at some time in the future. It doesn't help you at the moment but when it is put in place there should be backdated payments. As you know DWP move at the speed of a glacier
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • vickye90
    vickye90 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Ok thank you as online there are different things and it’s so confusing it’s so frustrating as some people say I should still get it then some say no but thank you for your comment makes things clearer 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.