Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


teejays1617teejays1617 Member Posts: 92 Courageous
Before legislation was changed in January 2019 which allowed a disabled person like myself to claim  ESA with  SDP  i  was forced to pay full rent for over 1 year which nearly bankrupt myself.
Anyone out there willing to be a representative with me at the tribunal at Watford? 


  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,489 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @teejays1617 sorry to hear what has happened! Have you contacted your local CAB for advice?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • teejays1617teejays1617 Member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Hi Ami2301 
                       Yes I contacted my local CAB and they said that they cannot represent
    me at the tribunal as they have insufficient funds and staff to help me
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,955

    Scope community team

    Hi @teejays1617, unfortunately this isn't a service that Scope offers either. When is your tribunal taking place?
    Senior Community Partner

    Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    CAB no longer represent anyone at Tribunals. Welfare rights or a law centre is the best place to start, if you have any of these in your area.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.