waiting on esa home assessment decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

waiting on esa home assessment decision

Options
Zenkoblue
Zenkoblue Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
Hey all

little update I am now waiting for a decision on my doctor letter for home assessment I have only got to Thursday for decision as they closed over Easter.

i been told that even on day of assessment which Tuesday 23 April on morning they can do something I am now panic they could stop my esa due not turning up on Tuesday what a mess and no way putting it back.

is there anything I can do .

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Zenkoblue, this must be very stressful. Have you informed them you can not attend on Tuesday?
    I can only advise calling them tomorrow and asking for advice. Explain again that you can't make the assessment and require a home visit. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I agree with Adrian_Scope, you will need to ring the health assessment providers to tell them you can't attend the assessment. You're allowed to cancel one assessment but must attend the next one. If you don't attend the assessment then yes you can be found fit for work for failing to attend so you will need to make sure you ring them and i'd advise you to do this first thing tomorrow morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Zenkoblue
    Zenkoblue Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Options
    Yeah ty update again I got number from them to phone when this happens been told phone tomorrow and Thursday get it fast tracked they can put it back if need be for more time Look  at evidence more.

but they so got it close got me running around on phone. No way be by post now they said phone call.

but ty I will let them know again Tuesday impossible for me and my mam 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Zenkoblue thank you for updating us, please keep us posted on how it goes.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.