Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Can you have both of your benefit appeals at the same time

My support person has requested to the tribunal when I was last there, if there was any chance of me being able to get both of my benefit appeal hearing carried out on the same day so that I wouldn't have to keep coming back to the court?
And also the reason for the adjournment of my ESA tribunal was that there wasn't enough medical evidence within my tribunal papers and also that they wanted to find out why the DWP granted me the enhanced rate of mobility. 
Can you please help me out as I am very confused as to why the ESA tribunal panel want to know the reason for the DWP awarding me the enhanced rate of mobility? I thought that they were two different tribunal panels? 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I've never heard of PIP and ESA Tribunal hearings taking place at the same time because they're different benefits.

I'm unable to answer the other question, sorry.

You say you're getting support for the Tribunals, is this from an advice centre or just a family member/friend?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Funkimunki17Funkimunki17 Member Posts: 24 Listener
    They're a firm called benefits answers, they're similar to a solicitor that work on a no win no win basis. I thought that both of the tribunal panels are independent of one another. So would anyone know why the ESA tribunal panel would be interested in my DLA (PIP) claim? 
Sign in or join us to comment.