What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Pension credit

JuveaglesJuveagles Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello can anyone tell what a guaranteed number is as I have never heard it before and even when I spoke to pension credit and they never heard of it as well. The reason I am asking this is because for me to get free dental exemptions because my wife gets pension credit but my dentist keeps asking me for this guaranteed number for the exemption to get it free. So can anyone help me on this as I would be so grateful 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I have no idea what the guaranteed number is either, sorry. For you to be eligible for free dental treatment then you would also need to be claiming pension credit with your wife as a couple.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • JuveaglesJuveagles Member Posts: 5 Listener
    That’s the [email protected] my wife does get pension credit so I am eligible for free dental however the dentist still say they need this guaranteed number so I rang pension credit and ESA and they both said they have never heard this guaranteed number before. The letter itself is all the proof to get the exemption. So now the dentist to get any refund I have to claim it back instead of just refund it back to my debit card, I am so annoyed I will never go back to that dentist as they continually trying to mug me off. 
Sign in or join us to comment.