Backdated uc — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated uc

Options
stacca
stacca Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited May 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, i made a new claim to uc which was sorted and first payment received in march, just after this my son was awarded DLA. I phoned uc and informed them on 3rd april so made changes to my account. The lady on the phone said she would put in a backdated claim for the disabled child and carers element as we didnt know that he would be awarded at the time of the uc award. How long do the decision makers take? Its been with them since 3rd april x

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @stacca and welcome to the community. :)

Unfortunately there is no real time frame for the decision makers. Once they've made the decision though, any owed back pay is usually awarded pretty quickly. 
    You could try giving them a call as they may be able to give you some indication of any back log etc. 

Let us know how you get on!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.