dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

dla to pip

Options
Sparky57
Sparky57 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi folks, i'm just starting the prossess of changing from DLA to PIP and not looking forward to it as i've heard no good things about the transition and how it gets people in a mess.
I dont understand how they can do this if you where awarded DLA for life but anything to keep DWP busy and give them power to put you down.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sparky57 welcome to the community! The criteria for PIP is very different to the criteria for DLA. Have you tried a PIP self-test?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sparky57 and welcome

What stage are you at ? Have you made the first phone call ? Have you received the PIP2 form ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sparky57 first welcome next I have put a post up about this if you look there may be something that will help you all the best
  • RAMPEDUP
    RAMPEDUP Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    From memory I think if you are on a DLA  and nearing 65 yrs old, you need to apply for PIP some months before being 65 to get a lifetime/long term PIP. That may have changed, worth a check. (An fyi for those nearing 65.)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is no need to jump the gun, if you are still on DLA past SRA you first PIP assessment will still count but it will set the ongoing award for the mobility component. If you are awarded standard mobility and accept it then even if your needs change you cannot be awarded the enhanced rate in the future
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Sparky57 and welcome to the community. Best of luck with your switch from DLA to PIP, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.