bevers59 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Bevers1959 Member Posts: 56 Connected
Hope you can help in jan had pip removed, along with tax credits 75per wk and housing benefit. as i am on low wage dwp advised to claim uc as i was finding it hard to pay rent ,had to apply in march got this 118 per month ,i have now won appeal phoned tax cred and was told that no back payment ,as i claimed uc , also my housing benefit is included in uc ,i am £300 worse off on uc than working tax credits ,can anyone help


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,389 Disability Gamechanger

    I'm afraid you won't be able to claim tax credits again because you claimed UC. The housing element is part of your UC monhtly payment.

    When claiming UC if you have a limited capability for work then you can send in fit/sick notes but to do this you need to be working less than 16 hours per week. How many hours per week do you work?
  • Bevers1959
    Bevers1959 Member Posts: 56 Connected
    24, just doesnt seem fair ,feel i was forced on uc ,if i had known i would be £75 a week worse off then i would have struggled and waited ,for my pip appeal decision 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,389 Disability Gamechanger
    When you reach 25 your money does increase slightly for UC but not much. Sadly some people are worse off when claiming UC.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.