waiting on decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

waiting on decision

Options
chevy790
chevy790 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
interviewed by capita in portadown centre on 15th april-------changing from dla to pips after 22 years-after assessment lasting 55 mins-nurse said result would be with me 4-6 weeks--- got letter dated 7th may saying they had all information they needed to make descision and i would be notified in 14 days--its now 7 weeks and 2 days from capita assessment-i rang 0800 number this afternoon and explained to operator what situation was-----she wouldnt help me out said some operators where being subjected to verble abuse when told of certain descisions-i would just have to wait for descision letter-i pointed out letter of 7th may-guess what she said u are not listening to what im saying and hung phone up--rude or what? any one know how long before descision letters are despatched thanks

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @chevy790,  Hello and welcome, you can phone DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your official award notification letter. The decision makers normally go with the assessment report recommendations, 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @wilko @chevy790 - I don't believe they send a copy of the report out in Northern Ireland ..
    (I don't live there myself)
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No they don’t I just assuming you where in the UK depending on the circumstances in your area it can take 6 to 8  weeks sometimes longer. Keep the community updated and keep posting.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @chevy790, I'm sorry to read about your experience, it was very rude of them to hang up on you like that!
    Unfortunately the letter you received on the 7th May doesn't mean they've made a decision, just that they've received what they need to make one.
    Have you had any more news? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chevy790
    chevy790 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    no not as off 7/6 2019-i now know of a lady waiting over 9 weeks and had similar experience with local pips operators----cab said they had a meeting with boss from this office-he accepted it appeared some of the operators where not behaving in an acceptable manner on phones------they had been issued with a memo to this effect and they where working to establish who are responsible for this behaviour-he took on board these where not just a few calls this was happening on-again he said they tried to come up with descisions within 4-6 weeks of capita assessment being recieved but this was not always the case

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.