Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Unsure if I should have applied for PIP
I am unsure about this PIP. My friend said I should apply as I have COPD. I Left work and am now claiming my State Pension I was told today I will get full Housing benefit and pay less Council tax . I did fill and send forms off for PIP and should get word soon. I am worried now as I saw on the H.B. forms ect that they want to know if I received this payment I said no as that was before I put in for it and my friend said it does not effect benefits, but if that is the case why would they ask then? I now wish I had not applied as I thought it was to good to be true and now that I have got my rent ect all sorted out I now don't want everything changed and what happens if I don't get much I just wish I had not been told about this now it worries me .
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.