Lost my Appeal Papers — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Lost my Appeal Papers

mmh32 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My MR was rejected amost 2 years ago now, so it has been a long time since I appealed to the tribunal and received my copy of the appeal papers sent by the DWP. Today I received a letter saying that my appeal will be on the 2nd of July, but having looked everywhere I can't seem to find the appeal papers. It specifically requests that I bring them on the day, and I also would like to go over it all again just to get it fresh in my mind before the day.

Is there any way to request a second copy of it? Who do I contact, the DWP or the Tribunal Service? Will it even come in time at this point?

Thank you.


  • zakblood
    zakblood Member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    try the DWP first, then if they say other wise, the Tribunal Services, but times not on your side i must admit, as neither are very quick at replies, but good luck and hope it works for you, if you don't try, you will never know so good luck
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Member Posts: 252 Pioneering

    Hello @mmh32

    My Name is Connie00 :)

    I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  

     it’s really nice to meet you.

    A warm Welcome to the Community

    Thank you for reaching out to us. 

    I hope you are having a good day today?

    As @zakblood said one of the agency should have a copy, so I would give them a call

    And explain to them your situation. You never know they may just act on it urgently. You could ask them if the email you a copy.



    If we can be of any help or support to you please let us know.


    Enjoy the rest of your day :)


  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,572

    Scope community team

    Good morning @mmh32 and welcome to the community. 

    I'm sorry you've been waiting so long for your tribunal. Have you managed to get in touch with the tribunal services? Hopefully you'll be able to get hold of a copy. Please let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.