Will my existing DLA Claim be paid untiL A Pip descision is made? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my existing DLA Claim be paid untiL A Pip descision is made?

Options
Zara200117
Zara200117 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am going to ring up and start the PIP process next week How long do PIP take to make descions?

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Zara200117
    Pip is different in each area depending on backlog of claims etc.The actual process is the same though.Once you apply you will be sent the forms to fill in, you will be told when they have to be returned by. Then the information will be sent to your assessment provider, you will be told who they are.  They will at some point either send for you to attend a face to face either at a centre or at home. In rare circumstances they may do a paper based assessment if they have enough info. Once that is done you can contact Dwp for a copy of the report it will give a rough idea of how your points stack up.
    It can take a few months before a decision is reached. You should continue to be paid DLA until they make their decision. Good luck.
               Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.