My first time experience of pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My first time experience of pip

Options
benlis10
benlis10 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
hi all 
received my pip assessment today and I thought I’d give my perspective on the whole process 
i first rang up on the 10th may this year and requested a form 
while I was waiting for the form to be posted to me I gathered as much evidence as I could from gp and consultant 
i made an appointment with cab office at end of may and a lovely gentleman helped me fill in the forms 
they scanned the completed form and my evidence to DWP 
I received an appointment for June 23rd
I attended and was met by a young lady who was professional but not scary lol
anyway on the Thursday of same week I phoned pip and requested my report
it’s fair to say it is very truthful and correct
iv added up the points and got 9 for daily living and 10 for mobility
with a review recommended in 2 years time
I just hope that the decision maker agrees now so fingers crossed ?  

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @benlis10 thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! Do keep us updated with regards to your decision letter! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ benlis10, the decision maker nearly always goes with the recommendation of the HP who did your assessment. So glad you found the assessment not to stressful time from applying to getting your report and now the wait for your official award notification letter. Thanks for sharing and keep posting. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @benlis10, thank you for sharing this with us all, this is great to hear! Please do keep us updated and if there is anything else we can help with then please do let us know :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.