PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Personal Independance payment

Chrystal2807Chrystal2807 Member Posts: 20 Listener
I registered a complaint with the assessment provider on 12/07/2019. As part of their investigation they spoke to my Sister and said they may look at their reccomendations again. Had a conversation with DWP earlier and they said they have returned my file to the assessment provider as they didnt agree with the recommendations. Has anyone heard of this? Is it likely I will have to have another face to face assessment. Thanks in advance 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You may or may not have another assessment. Or, another HCP may take a look at the evidence and the report and make recommendations from there.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chrystal2807Chrystal2807 Member Posts: 20 Listener
    Thank you Poppy
  • cristobalcristobal Member Posts: 968 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    @Chrystal2807

My case was similar I think. I had another HCP look at my assessment and the points for both daily living, and mobility more than doubled.

Does make you wonder how two people can come to such a dramatically different conclusion when looking at exactly the same evidence!

Good luck anyway ...
  • Chrystal2807Chrystal2807 Member Posts: 20 Listener
    Aww thank you cristobal. It certainly does make you wonder. Thank you. Glad yours worked out for you x
Sign in or join us to comment.