PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Does everyone get a phone call after appeal is allowed??

nikkifnikkif Member Posts: 47 Courageous
I haven't got a fixed abode and ice been told that I have a brown envelope waiting at my correspondence address but I cant get there atm due to my health, its only been a couple weeks since my appeal has been allowed and I've heard that people get a phone call regarding hospital stayss and bank details before any backpay etc is paid now I'm freaking out that the letter is to tell me that they are asking for an appeal. So my question is does everyone recieve a phone call before appeal payments are put through and is it only an error I law that the dwp can request an appeal??? 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you've recently won your Tribunal then yes usually it's a phone call or a letter regarding hospital stays etc before payment is made.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • worried33worried33 Member Posts: 399 Pioneering
    I personally never had a call or letter about hospital stays, but mine was a DLA tribunal, and maybe this is a new process for PIP?
Sign in or join us to comment.