Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Backdated ESA payments

Hi all I'm wondering if I can be advised on backdated ESA payments. I called the relevant department regarding any information to see if I qualified for underpayment refund and have not heard anything since, just advised there was a back log and they would eventually get to me, this was 5 months ago. Is there a form that I have to fill in at all, on reading comments from earlier posted  I'm a bit confused in what if any actions I should be taking. 
Thanks Carl's 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    The underpayments are for those that were transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA many years ago. If you were one of those then DWP will eventually contact you and send you a form to fill in with all your details. You'll need to return this then DWP will assess you between the dates stated in the letter.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • carlscarls Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Ok poppy thanks for the info it helps to know how it's done..  
    Now I have the PIP application to deal with, well one step at a time I'm sure there will be some complication on the way with that, but fingers crossed hopefully it runs smoothly.
Sign in or join us to comment.