PIP tribunal questions for mental health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal questions for mental health

Options
JazCo
JazCo Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
I know they're all different, but I like to get some idea. Anyone with anxiety or depression based mental health difficulties, specifically?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,017 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It will totally depend on how your conditions affect. No one can tell you what questions they will ask you because no one knows anything about your case.

Is someone going with you? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JazCo
    JazCo Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    I understand that, but I guess it's more to get a feel of how they word certain things? Are the straightforward? Are they closely related to the PIP form Q's? Etc. Yeah, my partner, who is also my acting representative, is going with me.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The questions will be related to the PIP descriptors and how your conditions affect you against these.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @JazCo
    Just be honest and if a descriptor applies to you try and give an example of the difficulty you had when last performing the particular task.
              Good luck Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Even though your partner is your representative, unless they are your appointee then the panel will expect you to answer all the questions. They may ask them at the end if there's anything they want to add but this doesn't always happen.

You should also make sure that any extra evidence you have is sent to HMCTS to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing date.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.