Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


I went one week ago to my initial capability for work assessment and it went OK nice woman assessor i saw but what happens now? She told me that i remain on esa /qualify for it (was on jsa before) so i guess i am remaining on esa now but im not sure which group I am in so i guess they will tell me that and do i need more medical notes?? 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,607 Disability Gamechanger

    The HCP you seen shouldn't have said anything to you, it's not their job to do that. What happens next is an assessment report will be written and returned to DWP with recommendations in it. A decision maker will then look at the report and make a decision from there. You will then receive a decision letter and you could either be found fit for work, be placed into the WRAG or Support Group.

    If placed into the WRAG your money will remain the same. If placed into the Support Group you'll receive extra money from the 14th week of your claim.

    You will need to continue to send in the sick notes until a decision's been made.

    You can also ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
  • kami24
    kami24 Member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Okay thank you for this


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.