Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

SDP

Hi does anyone know if i am newly awarded the severe disability premium as part of my ESA award will it be set against my housing benefit ie is SDP a disregarded income by HB 
Thanks

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Being awarded SDP will not reduce the amount of housing benefit you're entitled to.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hi @minimini1,

It is usually a good idea to let Housing Benefit know about any changes. There is a Severe Disability Premium on Housing Benefit so it will not reduce the amount you get. It's always best to keep them informed though.
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • minimini1minimini1 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thankyoufor response so in effect am i better off as i will not loose the premium via housing benefit thats some good news at last !!
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Yes, that's correct as you're claiming Income Related benefits then you'll receive the maximum amount for your circumstances.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.