Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA has been stopped

The other day I received a letter saying due to recent changes my ESA has been stopped and I haven't paid enough towards my national insurance, but then it said while on benefits they pay my national insurance, I've tried to phone them 4 times today and been on hold for more than 40 minutes each time can anyone help

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Contributions based ESA and New style ESA is only paid for 365 days unless you're placed into the Support Group (LCWRA) and then it's paid for as long as you remain in that group.

I'm assuming you were either on assessment rate or in the WRAG (LCW) is that correct? and you were receiving payment fortnightly?

May i ask which ESA you were claiming, Contributions based or New style ESA? Do you live with a partner that works?

The letter means that they will continue to pay your NI credits to towards your state pension but you'll receive no payments.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Louise1987! I hope the advice that Poppy has given helps :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.