When is LCWRA paid from ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When is LCWRA paid from ?

Options
ucclaimant
ucclaimant Community member Posts: 10 Listener
The DWP have informed me I am wrongly in the Working group of Universal Credit, and they are possibly putting me in the LCWRA group. With backdating, will the payments start 12 weeks from the LCWRA decision (now), or will it be 12 weeks from my first sick note? (first sick note provided July 2018) ???

Comments

• ucclaimant
    ucclaimant Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    TLDR: I was wrongly in ESA WRAG and then wrongly put into UC Working Group. The DWP have recognised this and are moving me next week. Can I make a case to be in LCWRA if placed in LCW after being wrongly in ESA WRAG previously? (LCW is follow on from ESA WRAG but I should have been in ESA Support Group (LCWRA). 

I was claiming contributory ESA from Nov 2017 - July 2018 and then moved to a Universal Credit claim until present. The DWP has informed me that they accept I have been in the wrong group and should be in a limited capability grouping.

They are unsure which I will receive until it reaches a decision maker next week. I was in the Working group for both benefits. So I believe I that makes a case for LCW. However I have been repeatedly chasing them that I am in the wrong group since being in the WRAG group for ESA. I am signed off from work indefinitely since 2016 and chased a transition to the support group while on ESA. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It will be from the date of the decision that you'll receive the extra LCWRA. If you believe you should have been in the other group previously then you would have had chance to request the Mandatory Reconsideration then Tribunal within 1 month of the decision, as you didn't do that it means you accepted that decision at that time. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ucclaimant, I have merged your duplicate posts. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.