PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip tribunal - refused

MissSeeMissSee Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
Please can someone offer any advice on moving forward. My daughter has learning disabilities and anxiety. Despite having a full psychological report in front of them, they have not given my daughter any points. Her hearing was done over the telephone. Due to her anxiety.The whole process has taken 17 months, from her switching from DLA.

thanks in advance

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. PIP is awarded based on how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors, not about a diagnosis. Sometimes a badly presented case can lead to refusal.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Once this is received you need to find someone to take a look to find an error in law. If no error in law is found i'm afraid you won't be able to take this any further.

Or she can start another claim but do be aware that doing this and using the same evidence that was previously used will likely see another refusal.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Hello @MissSee and welcome to the community. How are things going? Have you decided whether you will appeal the decision?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.