Judge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Judge

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
Good news the pip Court could do telephone Monday if judge agreed or adjourn it get to taxi quotes set new date they send me the money to go court mean i be alone probably my lawyer will attend 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That’s good news @sam12. Was it your lawyer that updated you? When will they know if it is a telephone appeal or if it’ll be adjourned instead?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    No it's reception people a man ssid my case go judge today to redo to telephone or adjourn it plus if no money they can get me to ring taxis 2 quotes then they send me the money to pay for it huge relief this i been in bits over it so just waiting for judge decision now on amy case. I been harming last night and yesterday morning. Finally support worker reported getting a new one soon. Just spoken to Ruth on helpline 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @sam12, I hope Ruth was a support to you this morning. Hopefully it'll go to the judge and you'll find out what's happening quickly. Please let us know when you hear.

I'm sorry it's all so up in the air it must be causing you a lot of stress. It's totally understandable you're feeling so frustrated. 
    Please remember if you feel the need to self-harm it's important you reach out for help. You didn't have a great experience calling Samaritans recently, but they're still always an option for you if you feel the need to harm yourself. Make sure to give them a call on 116 123 or email them (jo@samaritans.org) if you need to talk to them.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    I just wanted to send a lot of love your way, @sam12 . I know you are facing a lot of issues at the moment, not least your Tribunal. Hang in there - this community cares about you and I'm thinking of you.
  • sam12
    I wouldn't ring samartins again after her abusive behaviour. Yes Ruth so understanding help me. Will tell u about judge decision when i hear. I hope this lady is safe and well. Not sure it she said last wk she be off me i was talking maybe miss heard her. I jus keep ringing i bound to get her. I be upset of she wasn't at my wedding though she accepted pleasures to be matron i really hope that she well though i do worry about people least i show it not hide it. I crying because all the issues sm goin through and then last nite didn't help just set me in tears i was looking forward to speaking with her about the issues I suffering 
  • sam12
    Thanks. I so much to deal with at moment. There one pictular person wasn't available last nite i got upset I just broke down last nite i couldn't help it
  • sam12
    Will judge post letter I get tomorrow on decision from lawyer about Monday 
  • Adrian_Scope
    edited September 2019
    I'm sorry you weren't able to speak with the lady on the other helpline you use @sam12. I know you really valued her support so it must have been quite upsetting. 

It's difficult to know how they will respond to the request for either an adjournment or telephone hearing, I would imagine as your tribunal is supposed to be on Monday that it wouldn't be by post. @poppy123456 do you have any ideas? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with @Adrian_Scope it will be highly unlikely that they will send a letter out now because the hearing is Monday. As your representative (lawyer) is dealing with this on your behalf you will need to speak to them to know for sure whether the Tribunal is going ahead, being adjourned or a telephone hearing.

It's unlikely to be a telephone hearing at this short notice. Usually the wait for telephone hearings is longer than appearing in person.

I hope you'll know exactly what's happening soon Sam because i can tell just how stressful this is for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    I spoken to the courts today they said i will find out tomorrow my lawyer told Me. To i wrote email on 10th and my lawyer court will notify me no my fault i been let down and no funds to pay taxi am living on nothing virtually i mainly deal with lawyers they experts 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Thanks @poppy123456 I appreciate your input, that's what I thought. 

That's good @sam12, is your lawyer from Fightback? I think you've mentioned them before. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome Adrian. They will most likely respond by email.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    They may set nee date and send me taxi money direct to pay cheaper wwy and back. I really value this lady alot i hoping she OK and safe don't want anyone to hurt her really i be very upset just praying she be back soon she will come in shop she know the name she reconzie my voice to
  • sam12
    Yes they very good. Everyone problem is different like i don't want judged by others mine for good reason to adjust my tribunal lawyer can do more if worst came not my fault this worse not money counts said judge will read today emails sent days ago my lawyer told me to ring up 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.