Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Back payment

corkjon123corkjon123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi guys.
got a letter today to say that I’ve awarded lwrca and it needs to be backdated to 25 months ago!!
will I get the £336 a month that they owe me as my journal says they are holding £998 to see if debt management want to reclaim this back.
should the 25 months owed be paid to me?
appreciate any help with this.


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    You will receive the backdated money minus the £998 that they are holding back. If they decide you don't owe any money then the remainder will be paid to you once a decisions been made with debt management. Hope this helps.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • corkjon123corkjon123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

    Scope community team

    Hello @corkjon123 and a warm welcome to the community. :)
    I'm glad Poppy has been able to help you with this. If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Senior Community Partner

    Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • ptheshadowptheshadow Member Posts: 13 Connected
    If you don't hear anything after about 3 weeks, phone U/C & get the number for the debt management team & speak to them, they will help you sort it out.
Sign in or join us to comment.