Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Service to move individual who cant do stairs from 1st floor at home to 3rd floor at relative house

kevinleahkevinleah Member Posts: 1 Listener
I have a 91year old aunt who has very limited mobility.  I would like to get her out of the house to stay with relatives over Christmas.  
She is confined to a room on the 1st floor of her house and is reliant on carers for food and personal care.  Her bathroom is on the 2nd floor and her toilet and Kitchen is on the ground floor.  As she cannot do stairs both these floors are inaccessible to her. 

Does anyone here know if there is a service to relocate her on a temporary basis.  

She lives in Islington, under Hackney Council (who are quite frankly useless when seeking help or advice)


  • Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hello @kevinleah,

    Welcome to the Community!

    Have you spoken to AgeUK Islington? They may be able to give you some ideas to help your aunt and they may know of services in her area.

    I hope you manage to find the support you are looking for.

  • jakijaki Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi I would try and call out for some muscle and goodwill locally on next door or even try the church? 

     My sister and I tried to get our tiny aunt down stairs in an evacuation chair meant to be able to do it on your own. We were lucky a newly moved in neighbour and son came to help on Xmas day. Regards jaki
Sign in or join us to comment.