ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

lsmith
lsmith Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi there I have been on ESA since 2015 for my personality disorder. I recently got a job as I felt the time was right. Only been there 4 weeks and the ESA have sent out my p45 etc but I generally can't cope and I've had to quit my job only today so very worried and mithered how do I go about getting my ESA back now ? 

Comments

• lsmith
    I have been on ESA since 2015 for a personality disorder I decided to get a job 4 weeks ago and I have had my ESA stopped but I've had to leave work today I generally can not cope I need my ESA back how do I do this ? 
  • lsmith
    Anyone please 
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @lsmith
    The only advice I can give you is to contact your disability advisor at your local job centre and they will be able to offer you advice as to what comes next. You may have to reclaim under Universal Credit as ESA is not available once stopped I don’t know what else to suggest.Good luck.
        Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming that because you've been sent your P45 then your ESA ended because you were working more than 16 hours per week. If this is correct then i'm afraid you won't be able to go back onto ESA because all areas are now a full Universal credit area so it will be this you'll need to claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Loco
    Loco Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Did you sign up to an 'employment on trial scheme' before you started work? This is a scheme that allows you to resign from a full time job after 4 weeks and one day without losing benefits. I was offered this two years ago so I'm pretty sure it's still available at all job centres but somebody else will have to confirm this.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.