Hi, my name is Annabel! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Annabel!

Annabel
Annabel Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Comments

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @Annabel and welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)

Han
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Annabel and welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Annabel
    Hello   I'm hoping I will be ok when I get a new hip..Tthat might not be enough of a disability to be on here.as hopefully it's not  permanent..
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Annabel said:
    Hello   I'm hoping I will be ok when I get a new hip..Tthat might not be enough of a disability to be on here.as hopefully it's not  permanent..
    I hope your new hip will provide you with relief! Do you have any hobbies and interests? 
  • Annabel
    At the moment no as I can't walk more than 20 yds.I don't get out unless my Daughter takes me in my wheelchair. I would love some interest. I use to volenter at a food bank till I got this.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Annabel - Welcome to the community 'tho I'm sorry to read about the difficulties you have. Are you going to have a hip replacement? My friend had one nearly 3 years ago, & for him it has really helped. I had fractured my hip a few months before his hip replacement, & we compared notes!
    I do hope your surgery benefits you, & you are most welcome to be here now & in the future.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @annabel and welcome to the community! It's nice to have you with us. Do you have any idea when they're looking to replace your hip? :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @annabel and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles and hope your hip replacement goes well.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.  Please keep in touch and let us know how your surgery goes.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.