Question regarding PIP mental health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question regarding PIP mental health

Sam1068
Sam1068 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, looking for advice regarding pip mental. Health. I've had letter stating been looked at and there's no change in my award. My intiatial award was standard care and no mobility for 2 years, I had a review 2 months ago and was awarded standard care and enhanced mobility. My conditions are exactly the same as my 1st application, assessor gave me 4 points on my 1st assessment, the decision maker disregarded those. My question is if I ask for a Mr on this mental health ruling from my 1st application can they decide to take my new award from me. I'm getting mixed answers and I don't want to lose my new award. Any info much appreciated l. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome.

I'm assuming you're talking about the following and planning a journey changes and they looked at your first  claim and stated it stayed the same, is this correct?

In the meantime you've had a review on your claim and you've been given a new award, is this correct?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam1068
    Yes that's correct, some people say they will look at my whole claim and I coukd possibly loose the enhanced I receive now, some say they will only look at my initial claim where I didn't receive enhanced mobility. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    They will look at your first claim. Your new award decision overruled the first decision so they won't look at that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam1068
    OK, thanks for that, I didn't want to risk losing what I have now, shouldn't have to feel like that but sadly it's how they make you feel. 
  • Sam1068
    Well I've sent Mr, but specifically put it was for my initial claim abd the new mh ruling that they contacted me about. Fingers crossed they don't look at my whole claim 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck @Sam1068. I'd be really interested to hear how this goes so if you feel able, please keep us updated. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.