Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is my UC decision correct?
Hi I’ve just had to change over to UC because I’ve moved into the area. Just had my first statement and my total this month to live on is £75. They’ve tooking £500 odd off my payment. One weeks of payment that ESA that fell into my claim time, my advance payment and money for an overpayment which was added onto my DRO which they claim they know nothing about, which they clearly do as they stopped taking the money off and my momentum period ended this September.im having to send a copy of my DRO for proof. They also haven’t added on my money for being unfit. They say I need assessed but I was just assessed December past by ESA so I’m now having to take that letter in on Friday. Even though I told my work coach about it at my interview and she said they would pull the decision through for me. They have totally screwed me over.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.