Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is my UC decision correct?

fastandfuriousfastandfurious Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2019 in Universal Credit
Hi I’ve just had to change over to UC because I’ve moved into the area. Just had my first statement and my total this month to live on is £75. They’ve tooking £500 odd off my payment. One weeks of payment that ESA that fell into my claim time, my advance payment and money for an overpayment which was added onto my DRO which they claim they know nothing about, which they clearly do as they stopped taking the money off and my momentum period ended this September.im having to send a copy of my DRO for proof. They also haven’t added on my money for being unfit. They say I need assessed but I was just assessed December past by ESA so I’m now having to take that letter in on Friday. Even though I told my work coach about it at my interview and she said they would pull the decision through for me. They have totally screwed me over.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

When you were claiming ESA which group were you in please? I'm assuming the advance payment is being paid back monthly? which is what it should be. The ESA payment being deducted is correct. Can't advise about the DRO payment though, sorry.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,941 Disability Gamechanger
    The ESA deduction may not be correct if it was means-tested. It’s happening increasingly. You need specific face to face advice about the DRO also. 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @fastandfurious! Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.