PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Veteran old PIP claim cancelled starting New

CharoCharo Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, so I was claiming PIP and I updated them that I was on more medication, this then triggered anassessment.... 

- I have become reclusive
- I have severe anxiety

I finally got a home visit, but on that day my partner who is my career had to go to her dad's as he had, had a fall. I heard the knock, I was stood there, I froze and hid. 

This then voided my claim. 

I am ex service, I was in Afghanistan and blown back after my mate triggered an ied. I was 19 and I had just seen his leg.... I'm sure you know...

I have started a tribunal for this old claim, whilst starting a new claim. I have been told you all can give me good advice moving forward. 

Thanks

Replies

• CharoCharo Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hello, so I was claiming PIP and I updated them that I was on more medication for my PTSD, this then triggered an assessment.... 

- I have become more reclusive
    - I have severe anxiety/memory problems
    - triggers/flashbacks
    - sciatica severely worsened

I finally got a home visit, but on that day my partner who is my career had to go to her dad's as he had, had a fall. I heard the knock, I was stood there, I froze and broke down. 

This then voided my claim. As they reconsidered and my reasons for not going through with the home visit were not satisfactory for them! I appealed the decision and the mandatory reconsideration team upheld the decision.

I am ex service, I was in Afghanistan and blown back after my mate triggered an ied. I was 19 and I had just seen his leg.... I'm sure you know...

I have started a tribunal for this old claim, whilst starting a new claim. I have been told you all can give me good advice moving forward. 

Thanks
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 4 Listener
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Hi @Charo and welcome to the community. How long have you been waiting for your tribunal?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Charo, how are you doing today? :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.