Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How do I apply for caregiver benefits?

mrtony307mrtony307 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2019 in Carer's allowance
I am a new contributer to this group. But, currently I  am asking for advice.
My brother, who is living with me in my condominium; he is disabled from Type 2  Diabetes. He collects Social Security Disability Benefits, as so do I.  
About two months ago, he had his right leg amputated, from the shin down.
How do I apply for caregiver benefits? Share all the information you can provide.
Thanks,
Tony Haupt
P.S. You can also reply here [removed by moderator]

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hello @mrtony307   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.

One member of our team  my friend  @poppy123456 has expertise and knowledge on benefit queries and questions  be able to advise.

Have tagged her username , so be along as soon as she is available.

Please if there are any further questions be happy to answer.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Hi @mrtony307 and welcome to the community. 

I’ve removed your email address, as we don’t allow the sharing of email addresses or other personal information to ensure the safety of our members.

Assuming you live in the UK, you can read about how to apply for Carer’s Allowance here: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/carers-allowance-ca/
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

You mention you're both claiming social security disability benefits, are you both living in the UK? The reason i ask is because that's not what they are called here in the UK.

If you do live in the UK then please may i ask exactly what benefits you're both claiming?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mrtony307mrtony307 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited November 2019
    Poppy,
    I do NOT live in the United Kingdom. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC [removed by moderator]
    The actions I need to take here are to complicated. But, "THANKS" anyway!
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid this is a UK based forum and i will be unable to help answer your question as unfortunately i have no idea how things work over there across the pond.

I do however, wish you good luck and hope you find the help you need.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.