How do I apply for caregiver benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

How do I apply for caregiver benefits?

mrtony307 Member Posts: 2 Listener
I am a new contributer to this group. But, currently I  am asking for advice.
My brother, who is living with me in my condominium; he is disabled from Type 2  Diabetes. He collects Social Security Disability Benefits, as so do I.  
About two months ago, he had his right leg amputated, from the shin down.
How do I apply for caregiver benefits? Share all the information you can provide.
Tony Haupt
P.S. You can also reply here [removed by moderator]


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,390 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019
    Hello @mrtony307   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions.

    One member of our team  my friend  @poppy123456 has expertise and knowledge on benefit queries and questions  be able to advise.

    Have tagged her username , so be along as soon as she is available.

    Please if there are any further questions be happy to answer.

    Please take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,180

    Scope community team

    Hi @mrtony307 and welcome to the community. 

    I’ve removed your email address, as we don’t allow the sharing of email addresses or other personal information to ensure the safety of our members.

    Assuming you live in the UK, you can read about how to apply for Carer’s Allowance here:
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,776 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2019

    You mention you're both claiming social security disability benefits, are you both living in the UK? The reason i ask is because that's not what they are called here in the UK.

    If you do live in the UK then please may i ask exactly what benefits you're both claiming?
  • mrtony307
    mrtony307 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited November 2019
    I do NOT live in the United Kingdom. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC [removed by moderator]
    The actions I need to take here are to complicated. But, "THANKS" anyway!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,776 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid this is a UK based forum and i will be unable to help answer your question as unfortunately i have no idea how things work over there across the pond.

    I do however, wish you good luck and hope you find the help you need.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.