Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Finacial review by council for care

tina1148tina1148 Member Posts: 20 Connected
edited November 2019 in Finances and extra costs
   They did one without notice and my contribution went from. 00 a week to.71 pounds.  They made up my outgoings and back dated the bill and wonot accept my paper reclients fir my DRE

Replies

• tina1148tina1148 Member Posts: 20 Connected
    I suffer from anxiety and depression
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It really depends what you're claiming for with the DRE because some things won't be accepted. This link will advise you what's accepted and what isn't. https://www.real.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Reals-guidance-on-disability-related-expenditure-12-April-2017-PDF.pdf

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    This is exactly what we`ve just been through!  We had several rows with them about my DRE/income/outgoings.

At first they asked me for £82.22 a week from nil and we were shell shocked!

We had sent in mortgage statements, utility bills etc. They had missed part of the mortgage repayments and we pointed this out, so the charge was reduced to £59.22 a week.

We still refuted it and asked for someone to come to our house and explain how this was decided.

Someone came after 3 requests. WE were allowed for clothing, bedding, extra laundry loads due to my double incontinence, and finally the wet room conversion.

We finally settled on £39.22 a week. I believe they have to accept receipts for DRE...we had none!

Call them out and cry..like I did and fight it love.

xxxxx
    Thanks fir your replies.  I'm glad you got it sorted.  I have reciepts signed by my neighbour who I pay to clean and a neighbour who does the garden.  They say they will only accept reciepts from official services but I can't afford to pay them.  I'm sure that they have to accept my DRE. 
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    tina1148 said:
    Thanks fir your replies.  I'm glad you got it sorted.  I have reciepts signed by my neighbour who I pay to clean and a neighbour who does the garden.  They say they will only accept reciepts from official services but I can't afford to pay them.  I'm sure that they have to accept my DRE. 
    Call them out. Do you have receipts or not? Don’t let them get away with it. 

Call them out. Do you have receipts or not? Don’t let them get away with it. 
    Tina has already stated they won't accept the receipts.

@tina1148 You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration for this, as you can with any decision and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. 
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you fir your replies.  Is this the date of the unexpected review decision whigh was 3 October or will this be the date of the new bill if they accept some of my DRE.  They are taking so long to sort it it's past the month period.
    It's the date of the original decision usually but you say you're waiting for a new bill to see if they accept some of the DRE, are you waiting for this because you've questioned the DRE refusal?
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @tina1148, so sorry to hear about the review. I hope the advice above has been helpful and please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)

Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Hi Poppy thanks fir your reply.  I am waiting for them to say if they accept my receipts or reject them again fir DRE.  This will decide wether I can continue recieving care.
Sign in or join us to comment.