Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My childrens book raising awareness of invisible illnesses and mental health issues.
Rodney Meadow-Hopper tells the story in gentle rhyme about a hare who seems grumpy and doesn't want to play. The truth is that Rodney has a hidden illness and he is too frightened to tell his friends.
My story encourages children to be honest about what they are feeling and hopefully be able to express themselves from a young age.
I wanted to show that it would be alright when Rodney tells his friends and he would feel much happier.
I have been inspired by my own daughter's chronic illness (she has Crohns disease) and I wanted to spread the word that it's OK not to be OK.
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 844 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 709 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.