Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Finding Carers for University
Hi, I'm Fran I have triplegic CP and am going to university in September 2020, hopefully an hour away from home. I will need help showering, dressing and likely cooking. I’ve researched different care agencies but am feeling very overwhelmed and abandoned by my council. Any care agency recommendations from fellow disabled people? I know I need to apply for DSA for other disability-related costs. I still have not been given a needs-based assessment for care, despite promises from a social worker that she would arrange one with my Local authority council before 2020. I'm on track with grades, offers and other preparations but feel that finding the right carers is the main thing holding me back. Any tips? All advice is very much appreciated.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.