Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help to find someone to come to UC Work Capability Assessment

MomamooMomamoo Member Posts: 4 Listener
Living in new area to escape abusive ex-husband.   
Physical disability since birth affects mobility and I also get anxiety,  panic attacks and depression.   
Got Work Capability Assessment date through, and don't know anyone I can ask to come with me.  Is there any organisation that may have a volunteer who would come as my witness to the assessment.   
Any ideas folks? 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

    I'm one of the community champions here on scope. You don't need a witness for the assessment. It would be more for support that anything else. You could try an advice agency near you but whether or not the do this, i really don't know. Use this link with your postcode to find an advice agency near you.

    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Momamoo and a warm welcome to the community! I hope the link Poppy has provided will allow you to find what you need.

    I'm really sorry to hear about the abuse, was this reported to the police at the time? I'm glad to hear you have been able to move away.

    Please do let us know if we can do anything else. 

Sign in or join us to comment.