Application being audited — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Application being audited

KT0107
KT0107 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been on dla for over 10 years and i was awarded it for an indefinte period. I have since been for my assesment to move over to pip. I went on the 18th November for my assesment and i asked for a copy of the report which i have since recieved. I phoned last week to see if a decision had been made as i received a letter on the 2nd December saying they had all the information they needed. Last week i was told my application was being audited and this week i've been told its gone up to the gurus because they need further medical evidence from my gp. I have no idea what this means for me. Any help would be grately appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Sometimes reports are chosen for audit, it's nothing worry about other than they are checking the HCP did their job correctly. Further evidence most likely means they are questioning something in the report that needs to be verified. Seems like they were a little ahead of theirself when they sent the "they have all the information letter out" even though those letters really don't mean anything because it could still take 2-8 weeks after you receive that letter.

I'm very surprised you received a copy of the report when they've ask for more evidence from your GP. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. Your DLA will continue until a decision's been made on the PIP. Once that decision's been made, if you're not happy you'll have 1 month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @KT0107! Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• bronwyn
    bronwyn Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    hi hi I’ve been to tribunal and been awarded the enhanced rate for mobility as I was on standard rate previously ,I won my appeal on 8/1/20 and I’m still waiting for notification from pip regarding when I’ll start getting the higher rate,although it was awarded from 5/9/18 now so I’ve to wait to be put on the system and could take a few weeks  ,but don’t give up if you’re going to tribunal .
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope they manage to sort this quickly for you @bronwyn
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.