How can I get the form I S 10 I want to apply for several disability premium — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I get the form I S 10 I want to apply for several disability premium

rasha
rasha Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi everyone How can I get the form I S 10 I want to apply for several disability premium please I need help thank you very much

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rasha   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.

We guide, advise and help members of our community.

We have a member of our team @poppy123456 who may be able to answer your query.

Please have tagged the lady now.   Knowledge, expertise on benefit issues.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @thespiceman for the tag,

HI and welcome @rasha

To claim the SDP the quickest way is to ring DWP and ask to apply over the phone. Or you can ring and ask them to send you the form.

Whether you qualify will totally depend on which benefits you're claiming and other circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @rasha! Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• rasha
    Hi I Ring them They said I am  on contribution-based ESA I’m not entitled to several disable premium I don’t now what can I do thank you for helping me 
  • rasha
    I’m entitled to contributions based and Employment support allowance They said u cant have Savard disable premium please I need more help please if you can
  • poppy123456
    Which ESA are you claiming? Is it New style ESA? if it is then unfortunately the disability premiums aren't available on this ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • rasha
    I’m on Support group and contribution based ESA
  • poppy123456
    I know you're claiming Contributions based but is it New style ESA? When exactly did your ESA claim start?
  • rasha
    From April 2017 thank you for helping me
  • poppy123456
    It's possible that your claim could be New style ESA because this started in 2016 for some areas. If it's New style ESA, which is also Contributions based then you won't be able to claim the SDP.

May i also ask if you're claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care? Do you also live alone and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you?
  • rasha
    I am on PIP Daily living And I live alone And I don’t do  caring allowance thank you so much please can you help me 
  • poppy123456
    You will need to find out if it's New style ESA that you're claiming rather than the old Contributions based because if it's New style ESA then you won't be able to claim any of the disability premiums.
  • rasha
    Okay I will do thank you very much for your help 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    No problem. May i just ask you to check on your most recent ESA letter, what the phone number is for you to ring them? This may tell me which ESA it is that you're claiming.

May i also ask how much ESA you're receiving every fortnight?
  • rasha
    I will get 121 every to week esa and I’m on Support group
  • poppy123456
    I know you're in the Support Group but that doesn't help me know whether it's New style ESA or the old Contributions based ESA. Best thing you can do is ring them and ask which one exactly you're claiming.
  • rasha
    On new esa letter I Received on 14th of January It’s Show I Receive extra money because you are in the support group £39.20 and £121.20 entitled to contribution based employment and support allowance also top of moment £ 7.65 Showing in my new ESA . Thank you so much for your help
  • poppy123456
    Hmm that's not ESA Support Group Contributions based amount because that's too much money. Contributions based ESA Support Group is £111.65 per week.

If you were claiming the Income Related top up on that you would be receiving £128.45 per week. So that amount doesn't make sense. Difficult to advise without seeing your paper work.

My advice is to ring ESA again and ask exactly what you're claiming or take your paper work to a local advice agency near you and ask them to have a look and they will tell you what you're claiming.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rasha, I hope you can get through to ESA and find out what you're claiming. :)
    Scope

• rasha
    thank you very much for your help 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.