ESA cont to income and letter — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ESA cont to income and letter

HI wondering if someone could help.

I had an esa work related assessment back on 24tyh December and just received my letter today.

First off it states future work capability assesments: We won't ask you to go for another assesment unless there is a change in your helth condition.

Does this mean no more assesments ? if so this is life saver i have had so many in the last 2 - 3 years I even had one the day I came out of hospital after my spinal op ;/.

Second of all I have always been on ESA contributions based for like 9 years IB/ESA C but the letter now sates Income based. I phoned the DWP to ask for this they said that due to income and contributions I am not part paid contributions and the rest income related and for all purposes i can now get prescriptions and dental .  I always thought I would be contributions based do they often do this ?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.