PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long for back pay?

donna214donna214 Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I won dla appeal on Tuesday 4feb and got a phone call today asking about bank details just wondering if any one know how long I’m wating for back pay 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Great news. It can take 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money but as they've asked for bank details hopefully it won't be too long but you'll need to ring DWP to ask them because only they can tell you when to expect payment into your bank.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • donna214donna214 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Is that the same length of time for a child 
    And thank u that helpful 
    You're welcome,

It's the same for all Tribunal decisions. There's really no timescales.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Okay that’s fine when she rang me up yesterday saying u be sent a letter out once I received it it shud tell me what date to expect my payment 
    As i advised, as they've asked for bank details it's likely you'll receive payment soon but you can still ring to ask when this will be and they will tell you. Usually payment is received before the letter.
    Ok that’s great thank u 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @donna214 - Welcome to the community. I'm pleased to read the tribunal was successful & hope it's not too long until you receive the backdated money. Poppy has given great advice which I'm sure you'll have found helpful.
Sign in or join us to comment.