Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Will I lose money off my Esa for carers allowance

Pippy76Pippy76 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2020 in Carer's allowance
Hi just wondering if someone can help my daughter is 7 n on dla Iv applied for carers allowance but does this mean I will lose money off my Esa am in work related one I have no idea how it works it got me confused thanks in advance 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

As you're claiming ESA then the carers allowance will be deducted in full from your ESA. They will then add a carers premium of £36.85 per week. Carers allowance will then pay you the £66.15 per week. It works out you'll be £36.85 per week better off and not the £66.15. Hope this helps.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Pippy76Pippy76 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you I now understand 😊
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,897 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pippy76 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm pleased to see that Poppy has answered your query. Please do say if we can help you in any other way. :)
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Pippy76
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.