PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Can I reapply for PIP?

FredMcFredMc Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
hi, I have been refused PIP, I appealed decision, but decision was still no. I am diabetic, no hypo awareness, Gastroparesis, bi-polar, diabetic neuropathy ,low/high blood pressure.
my first claim was June last year, just now I have been advised to ask for the judges decision in writing,but also told that I need to explain my lateness in requesting this.
can I reapply as I think at this stage my first application is now over.
thank you 
Fred

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm afraid you're out of time to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings on the Tribunal hearing.

You can reapply anytime but do be aware that using the same evidence you used for your previous claim will very likely see another refusal.

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don't fit the descriptors then you won't score the points for an award.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • FredMcFredMc Member Posts: 2 Listener
    hi Poppy,
    thankyou for quick reply, yes they said I was too late to apply for the judges decision in writing, I explained I have trouble going out,to citizens device etc ,  they said  I could maybe write and explain this, then he went onto say that at this stage, I need see if any laws are broken with my claim.? So wondered if be best to just start from the beginning again..my conditions have an impact on me on a daily basis.
    fred
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You can certainly reapply, there's nothing stopping you from doing this. Having some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean will always help. Whether or not you're entitled to anything i have no idea because i don't know how your conditions affect you. Even though your conditions impact you daily it doesn't mean you'll score points for an award.

This link may help you have more of an understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,897 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @FredMc - I just wanted to add my welcome to the community. I'm sorry you were unsuccessful with your first PIP claim. Reading the link carefully that Poppy has given should help you decide whether to apply again. If you do, & you have any questions, please do let us know if you need any help or advice, as there's usually someone here who may be able to help. :)
Sign in or join us to comment.