Not been paid ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not been paid ESA

Dottyrose
Dottyrose Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My ESA should've been paid today my husband received his as usual yesterdayim so stressed as there isn't enough in to pay the rent.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Did you ring DWP to ask why they hadn't paid you your money? We won't be able to tell you why you haven't received it and only DWP can tell you that. You will need to wait until Monday morning now to ring them and ask.

You also say that your husband received his payment yesterday? May i ask if you're claiming ESA as a couple or do you both claim Contributions based ESA?

You also mention that you don't have enough of money to pay your rent. Are you claiming housing benefit for help with your rent?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dottyrose and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear of your present situation with your ESA and hope you have found the great advice Poppy has given you above to be helpful.  I can appreciate how stressful this must be for you, but as Poppy advises, it is best to phone DWP first thing on Monday.  I hope that they can rectify this for you, but please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dottyrose - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read about the stress you're going through due to this. I hope you get some answers on Monday. Also if you're able to answer Poppy's other queries, she may very well be able to help you further. As Ails asks, please let us know how you get on. Hoping this gets sorted for you both soon. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.