How long does it take to get a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does it take to get a decision?

leomi
leomi Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my pip review and got the tx saying they had my medical report , from the report it looks like I will be awarded the higher rates as I was only on standard daily living befor do u get back pay if you do get awarded higher and from when the day they make decision or from assesment ? And how long does it take to get a decision  ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

If this is a review then you won't receive backdated money. You will receive the higher award from the date of the decision.

If you reported a change of circumstances then it's backdated to the date you rang to report those changes. There's no timescales for decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leomi - Welcome to the community. I see your query has been answered, but please do say if we can help you in any other way now, or in the future. :)
  • leomi
    Thank you , think that is my question anserd just the wait of decition now they said 6 week will it take the full 6 week ? 
  • leomi
    Sorry but also I got my report bk from the f2f visit and I got 12 in daily and 22 on mobility do the decision makers normally go with the report?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @leomi Hello and welcome, they do normally go with the report in the majority of cases b ut you need to wait until you get the final decision notice which there are no set timescales and could be more than the 6 weeks dependant on backlog at the tme
  • leomi
    Thank u everyone
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leomi and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you found the above information from members to be helpful.  if there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • leomi
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • leomi
    Hi just wondering what happens if they dont make a decision intime befor my claim ends had my ftf and report but my claim ends , end of march will I keep getting paid or does it stop also do u get a letter to say they have all information or just a tx as all I have is a message saying they have my report and will make a decision within 6 week but seen loads who have had letter aswell ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    If a decision isn't made by the end date of your award then payments will stop. Once a decision's made they will then be backdated to the date it stopped. Do be aware that if payments do stop then this could affect any other benefits you're claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leomi
    Just rang and I am over the moon they have made a dection and awarded me what I am intitled to , thank god it all went ok 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news thanks for sharing 
  • leomi
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leomi - Just to say I'm delighted at your good news, & thank you for letting us all know. Congratulations! :)
  • leomi

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.