Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

LCWRA element - waiting period?

louangel311louangel311 Member Posts: 39 Courageous
edited February 2020 in Universal Credit
Hi all, you were so helpful when I posted a few weeks ago, that I wanted to ask you another question.

I was in receipt of ESA since 2012 when I lost my job on ill health grounds and was put in the Work Activity Group. I received the extra element of £126 per month and this had transitional protection when I moved home to a UC area and was deemed as having LCW.

I attended a WCA two weeks ago and have now been put in the LCWRA group. But I don't understand an excerpt from the letter they've sent me - "You may get extra money because of your disability or health condition. Changes to your payments will show up on your statement when they happen.
The extra money is awarded from 3 months after the date you first gave us evidence of your health condition or disability,
unless an exception applies."

What evidence are they referring to? I've never submitted a fit note, nor been asked for one, due to migrating from ESA? Are they referring to the evidence that was contained within my UC50 that I had to send prior to the WCA?

Any advice would be most welcome!

Louise x

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This is just a standard letter where it says “you may get extra money etc etc” because you were receiving ESA previously and you were already in a group then the waiting time doesn’t apply to you. You will receive the extra money in your next payment. The LCWRA will be paid from the date the decision was made. 

Hope this helps and great news too! 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • louangel311louangel311 Member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Bless you Poppy, thank you so much for your reply.

You helped me previously when I raised the question of there being so few UT UC case law.........looks like I don't need to go mooching for any now!

Thank you again x
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You’re welcome so glad I could help you 😊
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.