Wheelchair hire — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchair hire

Wizzy75
Wizzy75 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi guy's I really hope somebody could help me.
I am feeling quite isolated due to travel issues. My issue is; I have a mobility scooter that gets me out and about locally which is great. My problem is I really need a day out somewhere but cannot use my scooter on the train or bus. I am wondering if anybody knows how I can hire an electric wheelchair or foldable scooter for a week/weekend. I am quite jealous of my friends going to watch concerts etc and I can't go. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Wizzy75 and I'm sorry to hear this. Have you checked out Mobility Hire?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Were you able to get a wheelchair or not @Wizzy75
  • icarus
    icarus Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    hi not sure where in the uk you are but i am located on leicester derbyshire border i cover approx 30 mile radius and always have a couple of electric wheelchairs and scooters  available i use them myself occasionally and sell and loan/ hire them out. They are great for bus trips etc.  As i work from home low overheads  enable me to quote prices 30-40% lower than most shops.Some take apart easily and can be taken by car then quickly re assembled for shopping trips atthe moment i am building a motor tricycle that has a flat back platform and drive on back ramp. You drive onto it in a wheelchair . Lock the chair into place then in front of you is the handlebars and headstock of a 50 cc or 125cc scooter with electric start. Sitting in the wheelchair with a waist belt on you drive the motor tricycle--- steve at concept mobility  07976818006
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Wizzy75, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

• Wizzy75
    Wizzy75 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Not finding anything local I'm afraid, but this Coronavirus has put a stop to the idea of going anywhere anyway. Thank you all for your input and please stay safe x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @Wizzy75, it must be frustrating! No problem at all, I hope you are safe. :) 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.